In the early part of the century the owners of Copsale Court lent a field for the local workers to play football and cricket. Subsequently a second hand hall was purchased through Alexander Clarke, who lived at Elliots. It was transported to the train from Peckham Rye to West Grinstead Station and was opened on January 1st 1907 as a working men's club, but subsequently became known as the Club Room. The ownership of the land, on which the land is built, passed from Copsale Court to the Knepp Castle Estate.
During the Second World War the hall was used by Armed Forces and at one time was a canteen for the Canadian Troops in the area.
After the war the management of the hall was taken over by a committee of the local people who organised whist drives, socials and jumble sales. The hall was also hired out for private functions and was used as a base for the Women's Institute and County Library. A youth club was run at the hall from 1949 to 1965 and another one from 1976 to the early 1980's.
Electricity was introduced in 1946, replacing the oil lamps and in 1950 a new room was added at the rear. Water was laid in 1950 and brick toilets were built in 1985.
In 1996 the hall became a company limited by guarantee and consideration is being given to obtaining charitable status.
Copsale Hall, Bar Lane, Copsale RH13 6QT